Ranking high on search engines and making your brand visible to your target enrollees is no magic at all. Its hard work, and its a combination of diverse marketing efforts and SEO strategy.
Honestly, SEO activities involve a lot of time to work on, spending a lot of time researching, building, and refining strategy based on your competitors’ activities and Google updates. If properly implemented, the result can be seen as early as four months to six months. The strategy results can be seen in the actual SERPs ranking and Google Analytics report. I will discuss this in detail on my next blog.
I know this will not be easy to observe in the first few months, with all hopes and gazillion of work, and lack of results may be discouraging. But don’t be, continue to work on the SEO strategy for in the coming months you’ll reap the fruit of your efforts, giving you a high return.
With the right blend of the SEO and marketing strategy, you will be getting a lot of traffic to your landing page, overtime, when your target enrollees see you on Social Media, FB ads or in PPC ads, seeing your brand on the local store or event shows, will increase your brand awareness and like-ability and will result to increase conversion of enrollees.
The right blend of digital ( FB ads or PPC, social media presence), additional marketing ( local store, event shows, radio stations ), and implementation of your SEO strategy will boost your enrollment.
What are the SEO activities?
SEO may be a little vague to you because most of the articles over the internet only scratch the surface on what needs to be done to make the SEO strategy. Some content makes it too complex to understand, so I put a list of the general activities in an SEO strategy.
- Work on business categories and top keywords.
- Review your competition.
- Optimize site structure.
- Integrating social media.
- Create localized content.
- Optimize page speed.
- On-page Optimization (work on title tags, and meta description, heading tags, work on breadcrumbs, create sitemap).
- Tracking results (configuration and install Google Analytics, Set-up Google Search Console).
- Acquire Local Citations ( get listed on directories and sites that allows creating business profiles).
- Secure backlinks.
- Collect Reviews.
SEO Link Building
- Analyzation of links.
- Building Internal Links.
- Building External Links.
- Finding Link opportunities.
Content Optimization : Technical SEO
- Work on Canonical URLs and redirects.
- Leveraging Microformats.
- Server Side Factor.
- Optimizing Bing Webmaster and Google Search Console.
- Content planning ( audio, topics, angle and style ) and working on editorial calendar.
- Promoting your content with social media.
- Working with schema.
- Working HTML SITEMAPS.
- Working XML sitemap.
- Working on robots.txt rules.
- Create no meta tags block.